Samstag, 5. März 2016

Kyoto day 3 京都

The third and last day in Kyoto we just strolled through a few temples in the morning and went to see a traditional tea ceremony at noon. Most people know me as a huge tea lover so it was a really interesting and special experience to see Camellia explaining and showing us the traditional matcha tea ceremony. She was really helpful with all the questions we had not only regarding the tea ceremony but also about Kyoto in general. After the tee ceremony me and Megan parted ways because I had to head back to the hostel and check out, to catch my train to Osaka in the afternoon. I had a great time in Kyoto not only seeing all the beautiful temples and shrines; learning more about the historical side of Japan but also having the experience to stay in a beautiful renovated Japanese house with the two loveliest owner of the hostel Oki's Inn. Yuka even gave me a hot pack whilst I was leaving, telling me that Osaka will be cold the next days (my heart melted!). One of the most significant memories of Japan are by far the cute, helpful, polite and lovely people I have encountered on this trip! 
Entrance gate of Chion-in 



One of the very interesting things I've encountered in Asia are the restaurants with the plastic food on display. Showing customers the 3D menu
Camellia showing us the individual steps of the tea ceremony 

The utensils for the Matcha tea ceremony 

There is no sugar added into the Matcha tea therefore we had to eat this kind of candy in the beginning before drinking the tea

The kanji; meaning harmony, respect, purity and tranquility; the four most important elements of the tea ceremony 

After being showed how to make Matcha it was our turn of making it ourselves

Seeing the tea ceremony really made me appreciate this kind of tradition. Every move was very stable and calm just how you imagine Zen to be. Of course I had to purchase a matcha set for myself to include this type of Zen into my daily life 

Strolling around the little lanes in Kyoto 

Beautiful hand painted tea bowls 

The Hokanji Temple also known as the Yasaka Pagoda with tourists dresses as Geishas


My last meal in Kyoto- delicious abura soba which are a type of dry oily noodles with karaage as a side dish (fried chicken)

さようなら京都!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen