Sonntag, 28. Februar 2016

Kyoto day 2

On the second day in Kyoto I already felt more like myself-not fully recovered but I was getting there. In my hostel I met the really lovely Megan who was also traveling through Japan. So we joined forces and did the sightseeing together. The first stop of the day was Kinkakuji also known as the Golden Pavilion. The top floors are covered in gold leaf which in my opinion definitely makes it a one of a kind sight. After that we took the bus to see Fushimi Inari-taisha which is a shrine dedicated to the Kami Inari. Apart from being very touristy it was one of my favorite sights whilst being in Japan. It was just incredible to see these thousands of torii gates in their bright red color lined up. The last stop for the day was the Kiyomizu Temple which caught my eye because of its wooden pillars that juts over the hillside. This day showed me how Kyoto is overflown with beautiful shrines and temples. The sad part about it is that after seeing all these beautiful shrines and temples one starts to less appreciate the others because the brain is just overflown with temples. So the key is to have less temples packed in one day to fully appreciate the beauty of them. 

The fascinating Kinkakju Temple 

Whilst being in Kyoto we saw so many tourists dressed in traditional Kimonos


At the shrine people were lighting up incense and candles for their wishes

Before entering the Fushimi Inari-taisha you could cleanse your hands and mouth with this holy water

I was trying my luck by ringing the bell with the Kami Inari which is the fox goddess 


The numerous torii gates at Fushimi Inari-taisha

We saw this man's beautiful drawing of the torii gates 

We landed at this huge bamboo forest just a few steps into the Fushimi Inari-taisha


The entrance of the Kiyomizu-dera

This temple was constructed in 1633 because of its material-it has to be renovated quite often








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen