Dienstag, 31. März 2015

Olá Lisboa!- Feira da Ladra, Castelo de São Jorge, Marques de Pombal

On thing that I really wanted to do was to visit a flea market in Lisbon. I researched and found out about the Feira da Ladra, a huge flea market which is held every Tuesday and Saturday from dawn to dusk. It was right in Alfama so it was only a stone's throw away to where I stayed. On my shopping list was one of those gorgeous tiles they have everywhere on their buildings. Those little stands had everything from old junk to even professional looking retailers. I spent the morning rummaging through all those little stands. Later that day I went all the way up to the Castelo. In my opinion you get by far the best view of the city from up there. I don't know what I was thinking that day but I was super eager and motivated to walk from the Castelo to Marques de Pombal. It was such a long walk because it took me quite some left and right turns to find my way. 
The weather that day was so lovely and I was able to read and relax a little bit in the Eduardo VII Park.



Feira da Ladra-it was quite crowded that day

Cute old man

On my way up to the Castelo de São Jorge-it was quite a workout going up there


lovely view with all those red roofs-I was even able to see Rossio




It was really fun actually walking ON the castle

There were a lot of beautiful peacocks running around the castle 

On my way down I saw these ruins of a roman theater in the middle of residential area


I was in Lisbon around the time of the Chinese new year and by accident I came across a huge Chinese festival/celebration ceremony 


The view of the Marques de Pombal

I ended the day by driving all the way out to do a little bit of shopping in this huge shopping mall!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen